Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Car Crash


The Car Crash
I felt my car spin. The wheels spun fast. There was not a thing I could do to stop. I could not see the red car next to me, but I heard the crash. My head snapped back, but the rest of me flew to the front of the car. I hit the brakes as the air bag smashed into me. This time, the sound of the crash came from my car. Then, all things were still. My ears rang for quite a long time, and I sat in the car for what felt like hours. At last, a man came to my door. The taste of blood was strong in my mouth. I must have bit my tongue. A nice man said, “Are you hurt?” But to tell the truth, I did not know. I glanced at the red car, smashed and wrecked. Soon, I heard a voice. It was a cop. He was with a man that saw what took place. I tried to walk over there, but my legs were no help. The shook and I fell down. When I woke up, I was still there, but the man in the red car was not. He would not come back. It was not my fault, but I some times think I could have done some thing to save the man in the red car.

     This story is written in first person perspective, and uses only single syllable words. It is nonfiction, which allowed for more creativity. I worked with Sydney on this story, and we wanted the story to convey a sense of disorientation and to leave the reader thinking. This shows an ability to write within a set of requirements and the ability to be creative with limits. If I had to revise it again, I would add more detail and expand the story to show more of what took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment